Thursday 27 November 2014

My funny, quirky little ways....

These lovely quirks of mine....


I've always been a slave to my senses - smells, sounds and how things feel. Looking is all very well, but I'm looking for that extra hit, that certain extra something that tells me it's perfect, that it's as it should be for my desires.


Shoes - I was never really a shoe person, it was always boots and bags for me. But whether I was considering buying shoes or boots, there was one thing that was important. The sound of the click of heel against the pavement. The better the click the more chance I'd buy, less click, no purchase. Sometimes this would be difficult if I was trying them on inside the shop where there was only carpet. However you could usually tell by the sole and the heel tip whether they'd have the necessary click on the street. It was the same with boots.

Of course it couldn't be too loud, or the joy would be lost, just a discreet, rhythmic click.

Books/Magazines - I'm a readaholic, a bibliophile, but where most people prefer secondhand books, I prefer my books brand new, they must not have been touched by any other person, the paper must make a splitting sound as 2 pages are parted for the first time. The same goes for magazines, the magazine must be from the middle or back of the pile, the paper must be untarnished and untouched, and come with the smell of print that's almost overwhelming.

                                                                   

Clothes - most clothes I buy must come with a slight texture, or at least have some part of it that can catch on loose hard skin on my fingers or thumbs (yeah, this one's weird). It comforts me and helps me to feel less anxious. I cannot bear anything that comes with a shiny or reflective surface.



 


Chocolate - an addiction, the smell, the texture, the taste. It has to melt in my mouth slowly until it completely overwhelms my tongue, my taste buds. Somehow, I don't think I'm alone in this little obsession.



And that is the tale of some of my quirky habits, my little idiosyncrasies, my foibles....

What, pray tell are yours?