Tuesday 27 August 2013


"People can try to reinvent themselves. I don't think you can really change who you are, though, because who you are is pretty much where you came from and what you've done up to now."

Eminem

Wise words indeed from the forty year old rap artist.


 I like the idea of reinvention; to change myself completely, to try out a little metamorphosis and become another being, to slip out of my old skin and become something quite different. To jump out of my very own cocoon and come out as something quite different to what I was before. Perhaps it isn't necessary, you could just reinvent parts of your life, little parts that could be changed into something completely different, perhaps your history, your past. Then if you believed it enough, you could make it true. It would be real because you made it so.

If you believed it enough it could change everything, self belief is a powerful thing. I believe it therefore it is true. I am this, I am that, I am whatever I want you to believe I am. I think people already do that, I don't think I'm making revelations, I just think that some people are better at it than others. Being candid, wearing your heart on your sleeve can be very endearing, but sometimes it might be better to lie and let people see what you want them to see, that way you can leave the reinvention to them. They can recreate you in their eyes and you can just nod your head and go along with it.

I think that's what I shall do, as long as they don't change me into something I don't like.


The above picture is of a piece of artwork by Kate MacDowell, more of her work can be seen on http://katemacdowell.com/index.html I think the picture suited my mood. The one at the top of the page is called "The God of Change" which I thought was rather appropriate.