Friday 12 July 2013

I made it Ma, top of the world!.....at least for today

So today I saw a turning point, a little extra work and I started to see the wood from the trees and
perhaps a little hope on the horizon. That's freelancing for you, feast or famine, rich or poor, no one
day is the same as the last. One day you're winning, the next you're losing, one day you're on top, the
next you're at the bottom of the heap, a bleeding wreck with nowhere to go. Today I reached the
summit and tomorrow the top of the world maybe, as long as it doesn't blow right up in my face.




                       "He finally got to the top of the world and it blew right up in his face."

If I do go up in a cloud of smoke and white heat, at least it'll have been a blast..yes I know that was bad, but I would like a dramatic exit, like James Cagney, all explosions, loud noises and shouting. Just so everyone knows I was here.